Greeting Card with Paper Flowers by Susanne

 Hi everyone.

Susanne here today with a mixed media greeting card with 3d paper flowers.
I used melting powder mixed with Sparkles, Embossing Powder and Brushos to create the centers of my flowers. I will tell you all the details in my tutorial...


Here are the step by step instructions:

1. I cut a stencil from Mylar (stencil material) with a Tim Holtz Mixed Media die. I used the Embossing Ink Pad and pressed it onto the stencil to get a impression on my card background. After that I embossed it with three of the brand new Metalline powders from WOW! (Himalaya Musk, Kiwi Krush, Perfect Plum)


To get this effect I just sprinkled some of the first two powders onto my image and covered the rest with the last powder. This is an easy technique, which you can do with all kinds of different powders.


 2. I coloured the background with ColourCraft Brusho Mists.


3. I used watercolour paper that was inked with Distress Oxides and cut different paper flowers. I use stylus tools to bring them in shape. I adhered my background to a card base and glued the flower arrangement down.




 4. I mixed melting powder with WOW! Sparkles Truffle, Metalline Himalaya Musk and some Dark Brown Brusho Powder. After everything was melted I dumped some drops onto my craft mat, let them dry and used them as my flower centers.



5. Finally I glittered a greeting die cut with Sparkles Truffle. The easiest way to do this is to cut the word from cardstock that is covered with double sided tape. The glitter will stick perfectly to it.


6. I adhered the sentiment to the right bottom corner.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you like my card.
xx Susanne.


Comments

  1. This is so bright and pretty Susanne with the flourishes heat embossed in the background together and the beautiful flowers and leaves , and the deep jewel like colours, are a great contrast and help the flowers to pop. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment