1 Background Layer, 2 Cards

Hi! Nicole here and I am back with a brand new tutorial share - creating 2 cards from a 1 cardstock piece. This month theme is "garden" - when I think of flowers, I usually think of weddings. And weddings means lots of shimmer. So even though my inspiration started from our monthly theme, my results were totally different. :)

I wanted to show off an awesome embossed background layer and decided to maximize my paper and create 2 cards. This is super easy, anyone can do it! Check out the video tutorial below to see how these cards come to life.




First card I am sharing is perfect for wedding, anniversary, golden/silver birthdays, or any occasions that call for elegant looks. Simply changed the sentiment that goes in the circle part of the card and you are good to go! I wanted a subtle, shimmer background for my cards today, so I chose one of my favorite WOW embossing powers - Metallic Platinum. It has a nice combination of gold and silver and I thought it would go really well with my soft gray cardstock piece.


Customize background stamping is always fun. You can do this with any pattern stamp set you have on hand. I used the Funky Border Strips Stamp Set for my background. After I heat set the layer, I cut out a circle from the piece to use it on the 2nd card.


Second card I created has lots of subtle shimmer. On top of the circle cutout piece from the layer, I also added a raised die-cut sentiment. Check out the video to see how I did this fun dimensional die cut sentiment! Blue Pearl Embossing Power looks very smooth and lovely on the sentiment piece. Love it!


Hope you enjoyed those two cards I created to share today. Thank you for stopping by and thanks for watching the video tutorial!

Hugs,
Nicole

Comments

  1. Oh I like the effect this creates talk about making custom paper and using it to good use these are just lovely :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment