Making wood grain texture over wood with Irit

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here today and this is my take of our Wood monthly challenge.
Actually I worked over wooden surface, but then I made my own wood grain texture using our fantastic WOW! Embossing powders and the result is quite interesting.
Here is my finished project: wooden wall deco that  was made with chipboards and masks only and tons of WOW! products.

 This medium size wooden kitchen board was flat and with no texture, so I made  it with a wood grain stencil and textured paste. I added   Paprika, Nutmeg and Honey powders over wet textured paste and heat embossed them. Then I misted with a few Lindy's Stamp Gang brown and  golden mists and sprinkled some more embossing powders over it. As the last step I  used clear embossing ink over the raised areas and added some more powders to get this wood grain look of the background.
The chipboard shapes were painted with Gelatos and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (some of them) ; some of them were heat embossed with Apple red, Cardinal red, Opaque Primary Mandarin and Opaque Pastel Peach.

The upper part of the deco was made with Tando mask and textured paste and then heat embossed with Peach Gleam glitter and Natural Ultra shimmer glitter.


So as you can see we can work over wood with WOW! powders and then we can make our faux wood with those powders too.

Comments

  1. great work Irit - fabulous ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Project Irit, you have one very creative mind :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment