Elegant Wooden Frame in Less than an Hour

It's THAT time of year when every moment seems filled with the kids' activities (more so than the others times of the year).

In addition to working full time, managing to keep the house in some order and hustling kids to and from school and practices, I am attempting to capture some milestones for both the kids. My oldest has turned 16 and the younger will be 13 in a few weeks. In the days between these birthdays we also have a Sacramental milestone. I said it was busy. I'm sure MANY of you out there feel the same time crunch and wonder how you can ever get a moment to "scrap" or create.

I feel the need to take a few moments to contemplate the momentous occasions and make something to share with my sons. Here's what I did with WOW in just about an hour. I think you can embellish something nice as well in a quick minute.

With a couple wooden elements from the craft store painted in school colors, I assembled a wooden frame. I selected two wooden embellishments, a cross and dove, to finish the frame.

I used a bottle of embossing liquid or "ink" new from Ranger and covered both pieces evenly with the dauber on the bottle. Then I heat embossed Sierra Sunrise embossing powder on the Cross and Vodka Sparkle from the limited edition, Girls Night Out Collection (Silver, 2013 New Release) on the Dove. They were adhered to the bottom right of the frame.

Finally, I cut a scroll from white card stock (die from Verve) and stamped the sentiment from Everyday Sentiments in Ebony embossing powder. Regular gold embossing was used around the scroll edge.

The photo shown is a placeholder for what will eventually be my older son's Confirmation photo and a letter tucked in the back.

It just took me an hour to put this together, but I love the end result and will be happy to display this prominently. I am so satisfied when I can complete a beautiful and easily executed project!






 


Comments