"Hidden Among the Flowers" - Nature Theme Scrapbook Page

Hello again. Christine Saunders here with a Scrapbook page for the "Nature" theme for this month using WoW Foils. The Scrapbook page is called "Hidden among the flowers".  Yes, I am in there somewhere.


I love foils as they add that little bit of bling to your Scrapbook pages and cards. Here's how I made the Scrapbook page: Iv'e a great "Top Tip" for you on how to use your Foils with PVA Glue.
Read on..........

I ripped the edges of a piece of brown cardstock and inked the edges with a brown dye pad. I also ripped the photo and another piece of inked cardstock and layered them onto my 8" x 8" patterned page to form the background.

I then stamped the "Brocade" stamp with brown ink onto adhesive paper - once the ink was dry I added gold foil on top which then stuck to the rest of the uninked part of the image. I then dye cut this into swirls for the bottom of the page.

I placed some PVA glue onto a stamping block, spread it out and inked up my leaf stamp taken from the Wow Stamp set "Gratitude" with the glue. I repeated this 5 times and left the glue on the leaves to dry. I then "huffed"  onto the leaves and placed my gold foil on top- the foil sticks to the PVA once it has gone clear - if you "huff" slightly onto the glue the foil then sticks evenly and looks fabulous.  I then cut out the leaves and arranged them on my page.

I also followed the veins on some coloured paper leaves with PVA glue, and repeated the process with the foils.  The writing on this Scrapbook page "Hidden Among the Flowers" achieved in exactly the same way.   I used a fine nozzle attached to my PVA glue nozzle to write the words free-hand with the glue. The finishing touches were made by adding flowers punched out of brown cardstock and purple foiled sticky backed paper for constrast.

Time for you to go and experiment with your PVA glue and your foils now. Have fun.......

Products used in this project:
WoW Stamps - "Brocade" 
Wow Stamps - "Gratitude"
Wow Foils  - "Bright Gold"
Wow Foils - "Purple"

Comments

  1. WOW! Christine, you have excelled yourself - what a great layout with a couple of great tips for using the foils. I particularly like the idea of masking on the self-adhesive paper using the ink and foils - what paper is this?

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niel, I used some strong paper I had at home but it still works very well with a cold laminator pouch - the sticky inside part - and this is the side that you stamp onto. You could also use self adhesive acetate sheets which are readily available in craft stores or on the TV craft channel. Glad you liked my ideas. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Christine, this looks so very stunning! You have some fantastic tips for the foils too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love how you made the die cut swirls and tore the photo edges. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very helpful to me and I have learned a lot from it. I found it to be very interesting and very informative. If you are looking for Among the Flowers then visit Botanic Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment